Veganaise is like my drug. I have to have Mike get it when he goes to Chicago for work, so I'm like a druggie, always making sure I have enough to get me through till the next trip! It tastes delicious, and it's so much more enjoyable to me knowing there isn't nasty raw egg in it. I've tried the regular and the grapeseed oil versions, and they're both delicious. I imagine the whole line is.

Field Roast Grain Meat is hard to come by here also, but this sausage is such a treat! This, mixed with a tofu scramble, is a super filling breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
And this is even more of a treat!
Look here for all of the Field Roast Grain Meat products. My mouth waters looking at them!
I don't use Earth Balance all that much, but sometimes put a dab of it on the kids' veggies when they need a little something to get them to eat them. It's made with expeller-pressed oils, so it's miles above butter and most margarines. And the most amazing thing is that it works great for baking. It comes in stick form too. Oh, and it's actually easy to find!


The following are just a few more of my favorite things lately, so I thought I'd share them too.
I'm soooo loving this right now. I put it on everything, especially brown rice, quinoa, or avocado. It adds flavor without adding as much sodium as salt. And it's tastier than salt. I have the garlic gomasio also (a happy mistake, Mike thought it was the seaweed kind), and it's really good too.
I don't know why, but ever since I was pregnant with Andrew and couldn't keep anything down except iced tea (not even water), I don't drink anything except tea. But now I always drink it hot again. It's very rare that I have plain water. My standard is Yogi Organic Decaf Green Tea, but I have started to mix it up with these:
I found this on teabenefits.com:
The health benefits of kukicha tea are thought to be primarily anchored in its ability to help alkalize the system. Excess acidity is thought to be an important enabling factor for the growth of many diseases. Alkalizing the system has been thought to help reduce the conduciveness of the body for the growth of these ailments.
A cup of kukicha tea packs an abundance of the following mineral nutrients: calcium, zinc, selenium, copper, and manganese. It is also a good source of vitamin B-complex, vitamin C and A, and EGCG polyphenols.
The following are the health benefits attributed to kukicha tea:
Kukicha tea may help prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Kukicha tea may help strengthen the immune system.
Kukicha tea may help prevent the development of cancer and tumors.
Kukicha tea may help delay the onset of symptoms associated with aging.
Kukicha tea may help build-up energy levels and keep fatigue at bay.
Kukicha tea may help in weight loss.
Makes you want to drink it, doesn't it?!? It may be an acquired taste, but I love it. I think it might be described as "earthy".
I don't know the specific benefits of this green tea, but it's so hearty, I love it first thing on a cold morning!
It's gorgeous, made with toasted and popped brown rice, which I suppose is what makes it so good!
And I always love spring jasmine tea mixed in with my regular green tea. Isabella is into peppermint tea lately too. No surprise, she is my very healthy eater!
Well, I'm off to brew a pot of tea!

1 comment:
There's no skimping for you! :) Cheese would be really hard for me to cut out, but it looks like you have some yummy, "cheesy" options.
I actually used some veganaise (from your visit) on a sandwich today! (I hope it keeps for a long time...it tasted fine, anyways!)
Post a Comment