I honestly did not plan on doing anything special this year, but according to the girls, last year started a tradition. And they know how important traditions are!
I made them each a summer reading journal and gave them a each a new book.
Last weekend we spent some time figuring out our summer goals...
I wish I would have taken more pictures of this, but honestly the thing they were most excited about was all the books I got from the library for them!
Flowers the kids have picked during the week...

I decorated the front door for when they got off the bus...
That is just the beginning. Next we are going out to a late lunch/early dinner. Then we wanted to do our tradition of backyard camping on their last day, but the weather is a bit cold for that, so we'll be "camping" in the living room tonight!
Added later...
the kids get cozy as they eat their yogurt for dessert!





















.jpg)
1 comment:
We LOVE this tradition! I definitely want to do this.... In five years ;).
Two things: one, I was admiring your notebooks that you made for the kids but chuckled that your kids won't know what the card catalog graphic is!!! But we loved it!
Two, what is secret service? Doing something nice without recognition?
Three (yeah, this is more than two, I know) I love that your kiddos have written summer goals. What a great idea!
Post a Comment