I was getting caught up on all my parenting magazines last night and saw something that might be interesting to other mommies, or really to anyone watching what they eat. I may be the only one who didn't already know this, but:
Did you know that four grams of sugar is equal to about one teaspoon of sugar?!?!? I'm a very visual person, so that prompted me to look at some of things I feed the girls on a regular basis.
I had recently tried changing the girls' oatmeal from apple cinamon to plain and Isabella looked at me like I put liver in her mouth. So I checked out the label and there is 12 grams in Earth's Best organic for kids. No wonder they love their oatmeal! Even the Yo Baby Yogurt has 12 grams. Actually the one I thought would be the worst (Sesame Street Apple Cinnamon Organic On-the-go O's Cereal) only has 4 grams. I would never pour 7 teaspoons of sugar on their breakfast, but they're getting that.
At least now I have an idea of the sugar in products by reading the labels.
1 comment:
I'm like you on that one Laura - I need the visual. That's quite interesting.... I'm going to check out my "healthy" cereal right now!
Post a Comment