Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Accident

I'm just so excited today! (Yes, being a stay-at-home mommy it doesn't take much!) I decided to have pomegranate, and it wouldn't have occured to me that the the girls would eat any of it since it's a little tart. Plus they'd already had nectarines and bananas today. Well, me being my clumsy self, I accidentally sent a chunck of it flying and the seeds went all over the floor. The girls, who had been happily dismantling the kitchen pantry, ran over to find out what the commotion was, and began eating all the seeds off the floor. I was SO excited to find another fruit they would eat that I didn't care it was off the floor. (See why no one gets to wear their shoes in the house?!?!) And aren't pomegranates supposed to be one of those "superfoods"? Yippee! That almost makes up for the girls not liking cauliflower puree I made last night.
One more trick I just figured out on - if it's a veggie they don't like, cover it with spaghetti sauce and they'll gobble it up! I learned that with acorn squash Tuesday night. Butter didn't work, but the sauce did! My little Italian girls...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, poms stain like crazy...put bibs on the girls and protect fabric. Ann

Brian and Melissa said...

this picture looks so artful! I feel like I'd see this in a food/cooking magazine!