Thursday, July 8, 2010

Vegan Food

About 6 weeks ago, I decided to try being a vegan, once again... this is probably my 5th or 6th attempt. But this time I have something I didn't have last time, bunches of vegan blogs full of delicious recipes. Here are some of my attempts:

mini cinnabuns...
they didn't come out that great, I think I used too much almond milk, then tried to make up for it by adding lots of flour, which made for a very bland dough.

stuffed mushrooms... Mike liked these except for the veganaise on top.

broccoli "bacon" salad - my favorite!!! And wait, whose hand is that???

someone else really enjoyed it with me!



peanut butter cups... these were a little too rich to be so big. Next time I'll use mini paper cups.

chocolate chip cookies... these were super chewy and delicious - at least in my opinion! Mike didn't like them (maybe the coconut oil?), but the kids and I gobbled them up!

Last night we had pizza made with a pumpkin dough that even Mike liked! I'll post pics of that later. It was a hit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to try some of these. Email me them!! They look yummy Miss Susie Homemaker:) Bev

Brian and Melissa said...

Ooooh... I love that half your vegan foods are desserts/sweets... this looks right up our alley!!!

I LOVE food blogs too!! They are super inspiring - hopefully they keep you on track!!

M&B
P.S. There are dairy-free gelato options at Gelato Fiasco... so we've got you covered!