Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pumpkin Patch 2011

So this is Mac Condill who runs the pumpkin patch. I asked if they could open up their seed store for me and they said they'd get some help, and along came the Mac! We were talking about his appearances on the Martha Stewart Show (I LOVE Martha!) when his cell phone rang. He looked at it and showed it to me saying, "would you mind if I take this?" The caller ID said "The Martha Stewart Show"!!! Afterwards he was nice enough to reenact the call so I could take his picture. (I was going to take it during the actual call, but didn't want to distract him.) By the way, Mac will be on her show again on Monday, October 16th. He was super cool, as was his wife. He is incredibly knowledgeable about everything pumpkin, squash, and gourd, and is saving so many species. He had interesting stories about every species. I got some great seeds that I will hopefully start growing next year.

1 comment:

Brian and Melissa said...

How cool to meet such an well-known person with such an amazing life passion.
The photos of the kids are incredible. Beautiful family and beautifully photographed! I may snag a few of these to put up on our walls.

Mel