Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Our little friend

Mike called me outside the other day to see a little friend living in our bushes. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I know we have a racoon out there, cute, but I don't want to see it up close. And then I thought, what wouldn't run away while he was getting me? Creepy...

Anyway, it turned out to be this little cutie...
This is how Mike found him in the first place, he thought it was the racoon making all these marks on the sidewalk, but found our little friend when he looked in the bushes near it...
Mike ended up taking him to the creek behind our house where he'd be safer. It was so cool when he closed himself up, you could hear the air being sucked out of his shell and he was completely boxed up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, Jaden keeps asking me if he can have a turtle as a pet. He would have loved that little guy!

Paula